The seeds from most grass are small and it is therefore essential that the seedbed be level, weed free, firm and fine (not powdered).
- Initial treatment by means of harrowing or plowing must be done during the winter or early spring. If necessary, lime can be worked in at this time.
- Shortly after the first rain a dish or harrowing can be used to break up large clods and destroy weed seedlings. Your soil analysis will show whether it is necessary at this time to work in a basic fertilizer application.
- After the second rain may soil can be disked and seed can be planted.
- Your soil should be as below picture when you plant.
- If you sowed / planted right you should get 36 seeds per square meter.